I pay homage to a great digital camera that has served me for over two years.I bought my Canon Powershot S1 IS in the summer of 2004 before heading off to southeast asia (i.e. Vietnam and Thailand) for five weeks. I wanted zoom (10x), control, good resolution (3.2), and good video clips. It came back from that trip as beat up as my school laptop to which I downloaded - a matter with which my school's technology specialist wasn't thrilled.
Easily, 20,000-30,000 pictures/video clips have been taken with it. Pictures and clips serve as a voice of expression to friends, family, and complete strangers. I hope they've opened a new perspective or vantage point for viewing our world. They have certainly made it easier to share my experiences with distant people, especially since it has travelled virtually everywhere with me and my (new) laptop.
Well, farewell dear camera. Death by E18 (lens motor failure) has been a rough way to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment