Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Tasting Atlanta

I went to enjoy the foodie delight that was Taste of Atlanta in the middle of October. I came for the food, and I stayed the day taking lessons from the chefs of the day.

The (advance) admission was $25 which includes $10 in coupons to spend on vendors such as Cheesecake Bistro, The Tenth Thai Cuisine, Johnny Rockets, Legal Seafood, OK Cafe, Mediterranean Grill, Taco Mac, and sixty or so other restaurants.

The celebrity chefs of the day shared their recipes including Gregory Vivier's spicy shrimp (Lobby at Twelve), Trisha Yearwood's cheese straw and dumpling soup, Ted Allen's stuffed pork tenderloin and tandoori(ish) chicken, and George Duran's Guiltless 'Fried' Chicken.



So far, I've made the Guiltless Fried Chicken and it was great (juicy, flavorful, and straight from the oven without deep frying). I have since been stocking my kitchen with spices, and hopefully some make more good eats soon.
[More pictures]

No comments: