Saturday, February 11, 2006

Commentary on my blog

A long-time friend and visitor to my blog had this to say:

Interesting. I think sometimes you mistake our comments of concern about extremism as our thinking that all Pakistani's are extreme. I view it as I do here or anywhere in the world. I believe as you do that most people worldwide are good, kind, understanding, etc. But as here in the US, it only takes a few to cause great havoc and danger. Unlike you, I don't choose to put myself in areas that have the potential for flareups. I react the same here in the US as I do to travel to in the middle east - I guess I tend to avoid areas/situations that could become inflamed. I also think the perspective of a female traveling alone is very different in your part of the world to that of a man traveling and exploring alone.

But, I admire you for your compassion, desire to understand and interact, and learn about other cultures and the people.

No comments: