Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I have a certain insanity...

...for taking to challenges. I feel a strong recogntion of a professional one today: adequately teaching four subjects, of which three are new to me. I am working to shore-up my study guides (weekly plan of assignments and homework) and realizing how long it takes to prepare with clarity and organization.

I am confident to present the material, but it means shifting the focus from the teacher to the role of the facilitator and student-focused work. It means change. Good to move from the comfort zone and growth. Well, that's my self-directed pep talk.

Here's one of my AP students. Her contribution to our class agreement (rules) was that students should "Think outside of the box." I wish more of us (myself included) would because I imagine it's hard for folks at home to imagine her as happy, creative, and my only Pakistani female student with a hijab.

No comments: