Tuesday, August 15, 2006

McDonald's enters Rawalpindi

McDonald's opened a restaurant in Rawalpindi (just south of Islamabad) last Friday. A student told me the news.

The newspapers, bloggers, and even the McDonald's (unofficial) corporate website for Pakistan seem to have looked over this occassion. Maybe, McDonald's is trying to avoid fanfare and undue attention, but banners line the streets of Islamabad and Rawalpindi to entice drivers to Jinnah Park, Rawalpindi.

I don't know where Jinnah Park is located [this is not the Fatimah Jinnah Park, Islamabad] - but I imagine it's busy these days despite some individuals lack of enthusiasm.
Trivia: I spent 6 months working for McDonald's by managing the grill, fryers, sandwich preparation, desert machines, front counter register, drive through window, etc. [They have a systematic education system which seems to allow them to produce identical products wherever they are located.] And, no, I never spit in anyone's food - but a few dropped, frozen hamburger patties did make it to the grill.

No comments: