I enjoyed a long run in the morning through haze, drizzle, and rain. The rain cooled me and later, when I wisened-up, served as a water source as I wiped down my face. My Garmin Forerunner registered 13.80 miles and average 143 bpm, but I think it's safe to shave 20% off the distance due to inaccuracies. The goal is a marathon in January 2007, the Lahore Marathon [this website is not currently working; here is an alternative link].
Rawalpindi, just south of Islamabad, seems to be having more difficulty with the daily rain, which is leading to flooding in some areas (below). And of course, not everyone swims or manages electricity well in these circumstances.Weather resources for Islamabad, Pakistan:
Yahoo! - satellite weather map
NOAA.gov
Weather Underground - seems to be the most detailed site
Pakistan Meterological Department - seems interesting, but poor weather forecasts
Weather in the news today:
All spillways of Rawal Lake opened
Torrential rain plays havoc in twin cities
Rivers in medium to high floods
Siren if rains continue
Rains to continue for 3 more days: Met office
No comments:
Post a Comment