
Atlanta is host to numerous conferences and this September I plan to help out in media relations for this event, DragonCon 2009.
I attended the first staff meeting and I learned just how big is this conference. The conference hosted 35,000 people last year and this year we'll expand from three to four neighboring hotels in Atlanta. The conference is described as "the largest multi-media, popular culture convention focusing on science fiction and fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the US," but it might be more helpful to look at at the teams and departments that go into this huge event.
My work will hopefully involve working with the press to get the word out about our annual event. It should be a bit hectic working public relations during the large conference - but it's guaranteed to be an interesting first look at this conference.
Dragoncon Website
No comments:
Post a Comment